Public Enemies










Pujamik Readers! Have any of you seen the movie "Public Enemies" starring Johnny Depp as famous bank robber Dillinger? I missed it in the theaters but managed to rent it recently and was not let down. This is a Michael Mann film and if you're familiar with his past films such as "Heat" you will recognize his style. The film makers went through a lot of trouble to put the actors in authentic surroundings, including the actual jail that Dillinger was in and an actual resort where he stayed.

Pictured above is Mr Depp's lovely costar Marion Cotillard who plays Billie Frechette, the love interest. Not to reveal myself as the shallow hornball that I am, but after watching the trailers for this movie in the theaters, I was left wondering why they had picked Cotillard as the leading lady. To put it mildly, from what I had seen, I didn't find her to be attractive enough to pull off that roll. Boy was I mistaken. She definitely has a sexiness that grows on you the more you look at her. She is obviously intelligent, which can be sexy in anyone, but especially so in her. She also has a playful side to her as you can see from her lingerie pic. I spotted the picture of her in the white dress in an article about this year's SAG awards and just had to post it here. Mann was so right to cast her as she has a certain old fashioned charm and sultriness to her that fit the time period of the film to the letter.