Proverbial Truth

There's a saying I love that goes like this:
Happiness is not having what you want...but wanting what you have.

But what if what you have doesn't want you? What if I want more? What if I need more? What if it ultimately comes down to being wanted? I was such a good girl for so long, settling for what I got because it's all a trade off in the end and you have to take some bad to get mostly good.

But I was lured....reminded of what it feels like to be wanted...jolted by that rush that comes from pure desire....desire on someone else's part to have you...no matter what the costs. And all of the consequences, and all of the players, and all of the risks diminish to nothing in the face of pure desire.

He didn't have to ask me twice.

I went to him and he devoured me. Him so full of pent up lust...and me, so desire-starved. Our needs meshing perfectly, filling in the gaps of our everyday lives. Stolen moments that set us right again. I lie back willingly for him and let him do all those naughty things that he's always wanted to do but was afraid to ask for. I feed his beast. And I am repaid with the way he looks at me in awe as if he can't believe his good luck. Satisfied to overflowing with the way he moves, speaks, and takes me like he just can't wait one more second to have me.

It works. And there's another saying I love that goes something like this:
Don't fix what ain't broke.