Buyer Beware



Waliki Readers! How's about some mid week lingerie talk? As you know, I sometimes purchase lingerie on Ebay. I think I mentioned that I had bought a garter belt on there a while back (last year sometime). The item was said to be by Victoria's Secret, looked nice enough and the price was right so I bid on it. When the item arrived (promptly I might add), I checked and it indeed had a VS label in it. I doubt though, that it is indeed a genuine VS item. For one thing, the clasps for the stockings are PLASTIC, something I've never seen on a VS garter belt (they always use metal clasps). Also, the sizing was off, smaller than the usual items I'd bought from VS in the same size. I do like the garter belt and for the price I can't complain, but I wish they hadn't misrepresented the item in the listing, makes me feel cheated somehow. I don't really know if the seller was aware the item was a fake or not, so I didn't hold it against them. Anyway, just wanted to let y'all know about my experience so you have a better idea of things if you shop on the Bay too. Ask questions before bidding! That's the item pictured above and a pic of the plastic clip. I have to say that I actually really like this garter belt (I have a thing for garter belts, in case you hadn't noticed), notice the miniature pearl design at the front waistband and the lovely lace inserts on the front panel.